It's time for the Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012. The Doritos Crash the Superbowl Commercial Contest 2012 is here!! Submission deadline was on 11/21/2011. By that date your videos must have been submitted to be eligible for the contest. Now you are probably asking "When will the finalists be picked for Doritos Commercial 2012 ?" and the answer is: On 1/4/2012 the 5 finalists will be picked and are up for voting for who should make it into the Top 3 that will be shown during the game. And the results are in. Check out the 5 finalists of the Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012 Contest a bit further down on this page. The finalists are: Dog Park, Hot Wild Girls, Bird of Prey, Man's Best Friend, and Sling Baby.
What's different this year: Doritos is taking it a step further for Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012. A consumer-created spot as part of the Doritos Commercial Contest will air alongside a spot made by The Lonely Island—the comedy troupe of Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone, and Andy Samberg — during Superbowl XLVI. If the consumer spot tops the USA Today Ad Meter, the creator will not only receive $1 million, but also the chance to work with The Lonely Island on a future project. If the comedians win, they will donate the prize money to charity.
So, if you are ready to find out, if this year's Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012 may be something for you, the full Crash The Superbowl Contest Info is available on the Doritos website specifically created to submit your clips.
However, we have a list of the most frequently asked questions right here - thank you to crashthesuperbowl.com:
1. Who is eligible? Legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Where do I go to enter the contest Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012 contest? Go to www.crashthesuperbowl.com and click on the "submit video" button on the main page. You may only submit videos during the contest entry period, which ends on 11/21/11.
3. What do I need to submit? A video file must be submitted. In order to qualify for the contest, the video file(s) must be exactly 30 seconds in length and comply with the OFFICIAL RULES.
4. What types of files can I submit? The video file size should be kept at or under 100MB for quicker upload/encoding time. Additionally, files must be provided in one of the following file formats: .MPEG; .MOV; .AVI; .WMV
5. What are the prizes and what happens if I win? There will be 5 (five) finalist prizes in this year's Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012 contest, that consist of $25,000 and a trip to Indianapolis for a private Super Bowl XLVI party hosted by DORITOS® for all Finalists. Following the voting round, the one (1) Grand Prize Winners' Submissions will be aired during the Super Bowl XLVI broadcast. There is no monetary value associated with the Grand Prize, however, in the event that any Grand Prize winner's commercial is awarded one of the top 3 spots (including ties) according to the USA TODAY Ad Meter rankings, that Grand Prize Winner will receive a bonus of $1,000,000 for the #1 spot, $600,000 for the #2 spot OR $400,000 for the #3 spot. In addition, the Grand Prize will be offered a consulting contract with a Hollywood professional and the opportunity to produce an additional commercial. See OFFICIAL RULES for more details.
6. When can I submit? What is the deadline? You may enter the Contest between 12:00:00 pm (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on October 3, 2011 and 11:59:59 pm CT on November 21, 2011. Entries received outside of the submission period will not be eligible for the contest. You are encouraged not to wait until the last minute to submit due to large file size and heavy traffic on the site.
7. When will the winners be announced? The five finalists will be announced on 1/4/12, at which point voting to name the grand prize winner will begin.
8. How do I know if I can enter the contest? All qualifications are spelled out in our OFFICIAL RULES.
9. How many commercials can I submit? Each individual entrant is allowed UP TO ten submissions.
10. What if I don't see my submission on the site? Entries do not appear in the gallery right away. Usually, it will take about 24 hours to process through our initial screening. If you still don't see your video posted after 24 hours, there could be a few reasons why. For instance, it may not have made it through the initial screening process based on obvious violations of the Official Rules. Make sure to read through the Official Rules carefully to see if your video stays within the guidelines of the contest. If you still have a question about your spot, simply post a message in the technical forum and a moderator will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that making it into the gallery is NOT a guarantee that your spot complies fully with the Official Rules - it just means that no obvious violations were identified during initial screening. It is also possible that a submission that makes it into the gallery could be removed in the event a rules violation is reported or discovered later.
11. What are my limitations on music? You may not include any music except the pre-approved music provided on the Web site. This prohibition includes any royalty-free music and or/music that you may have licensed to use in this contest. In addition, the alteration of any of the tracks provided on the Web is prohibited.
12. If I shot and entered my video in 16:9 aspect ratio, (typical framing for HD video) will the contest organizers automatically downsize it to 4:3 (typical framing for SD video) if it is accepted? Although most viewers will see the Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012 submissions in full 16:9 HD framing. In certain cases the broadcast networks will automatically turn any videos from 16:9 to 4:3 for broadcast on channels that air in 4:3 aspect ratio. Because of this, all contestants need to protect their content for center cut extraction, where the networks basically chop the right and left sides off the frame. Protecting your content means having important actions occur within the 4:3 aspect ratio, and also having any important graphics or titles happen within 4:3.
Go ahead now and enjoy the Doritos Super Bowl Commercial 2012 contest and its results, that will be posted here soon as well.To place an official vote for the clip you want to see during the 2012 Super Bowl, go to the official Doritos www.crashthesuperbowl.com site. To comment and share your favorite ad with us on this page, just scroll down to the submission form.